Initially created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder in 1975, NLP has been refined and added to over the years. Bandler & Grinder modelled the top communicators of the time, Milton Eriksson, Fritz Perls and Virginia Satir, to discover how certain people produced excellence, whilst others struggled to do so.
From the modelling process, Bandler & Grinder derived techniques for rapid and effective change in thoughts, behaviours and beliefs that had previously limited a person’s development; the use of which allows specific and desired changes and outcomes to be achieved. It provides guiding principles, attitudes and techniques about communication and behaviour for real life and this is what is generally known as Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).
NLP gives individuals choice; in the behaviours they display, in the emotional states they access and in the physical states of well-being they accept, by understanding how their mind works. It removes self-imposed limits that we all-to-often use to restrict ourselves. The branch of NLP that Emma works with believes that wholeness and congruency are important in our lives and all the techniques and sessions she undertakes work with this in mind. Wholeness reduces conflict with our thoughts, beliefs, values and behaviours and strengthens the knowledge of who we are and who and where we want to be.
- Neuro: Relates to the nervous system, the mind, through which our experiences and thoughts are processed by our senses and our filters
- Linguistic: Relates to language and other non-verbal communication through which experiences are given meaning and stored.
- Programming: Relates to human thought and behaviour patterns, or programmes, that people use in their daily lives.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act but a habit.”
- About Emma
- Emma has many years’ experience in business and family life; she is a Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Time Line TherapyTM, Coaching and Development, NLP Coaching and Hypnosis. Emma uses her experience to facilitate individuals to make the changes they want in their lives and to achieve their goals. The techniques and processes Emma uses allow her clients to remove the negative emotions and limiting beliefs that are holding them back, recognise their skills, regain their motivation and enthusiasm, to get rid of phobias and bring wholeness into their lives.
- Working Days: Mondays and Wednesdays – for other days email firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter – @emmajkingscott
Neuro Linguistic Programming - NLP Coaching From £75 (one hour)