We teach KG Hypnobirthing which is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives. It is a complete ante-natal course combining mental and physical relaxation techniques to help release fear and tension. These methods are very powerful and help to optimises your body’s natural ability to give birth easily and naturally with little or no intervention.
We are different because we work together as practitioners on each group course and bring you more than 40 years of our combined experience and knowledge. Courses are run in groups which gives you an opportunity to make wonderful new friends on the same hypnobirthing journey. Working in a group can also be very empowering for fathers. We work hard to make sure you feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible with all the hypnobirthing tools in place ready for your big day!
If groups are not for you we can also offer individually tailored courses. Mary or Fiona will work with you in the comfort of your own home.
When should I start the course?
Any time from 24 weeks
Hypnobirthing Cotswolds combines mental and physical relaxation techniques to help release fear and tension and optimises the body’s natural ability to give birth easily and naturally with little or no intervention.
You and your baby are special. Childbirth can be an empowering and positive event in your life – and one you want to remember. With the help of hypnotherapy for birth and HypnoBirthing classes, the birth of your baby can be a more comfortable, calm, relaxed, natural and rewarding experience, and one where you are in control and you need less intervention from others.
You deserve special care as you make this exciting and unique journey with positive anticipation and confidence.
Soundly based in established anatomy, physiology and psychology, the Hypnobirthing course teaches you – and your husband or birthing partner – Hypnobirthing techniques to achieve this; all the antenatal training you need.Working With Your Body
Working With Your Body
With HypnoBirthing you are likely to experience a natural, calm, comfortable birth.
- You may find you don’t need any pain relief at all.
- It often shortens the length of labour.
- You will be more alert and in control.
- Hypnobirthing lessens the physical impact of childbirth.
- The father is actively involved.
- He knows that he has played an important role in the birth of his child.Allows your baby to enter the world drug free and in an atmosphere of calm and gentleness.
No More Fear
Giving birth can be an empowering and positive experience. With HypnoBirthing you learn:
- Fear release methods to allow you to be relaxed and confident for the birth.
- Self-hypnosis inducing deep relaxation.
- Massage techniques – stimulating endorphins, your body’s natural anaesthetic.
- Visualisation exercises to keep you grounded, serene and positive.
- How your mind and body work together efficiently and comfortably.
Certified KG Hypnobirthing practitioners Mary Harris and Fiona Maynard guide you and your birthing partner through a well established range of Hypnobirthing techniques. You and your birthing partner will learn to work as a team using Hypnobirthing to relax your muscles using visualisation and breathing techniques. With the knowledge you will gain from the Hypnobirthing course your birthing partner will become a crucial support to the birthing mother enabling her to deepen her levels of relaxation and helping her to become confident, relaxed and in control of the the birthing experience.
See Mary’s personal Hypnobirthing website www.hypnobirthingmary.com.