Baked Apples with Fruit and Nuts
- 6 large baking apples (preferably organic) unpeeled and cored
- 20g walnuts
- 30g dried apricots or dates
- 25g sultanas
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F) gas 4.
- Mix together the walnuts/apricots/dates/sultanas and finely chop to make a paste.
- Then mix in the pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and orange zest.
- Stuff the centre of each apple with the mixture, pressing it firmly into the fruit.
- Place the apples into an ovenproof dish with the water, then drizzle the orange juice over them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins. Remove foil and continue to bake for 10-15 mins.
- Serve with a dollop of low-fat yoghurt (preferably goats/sheep) or non-dairy alternative.
Recipe by Nutritional Therapist Caroline Shaw of https://www.carolineshawholistics.co.uk